My beet-freak-ness has struck again! I had a meeting with an Arbonne consultant yesterday. She had a fresh produce box on her counter, and I brought up that I missed getting my fresh boxes. Before I knew it, I was walking out the door with makeup primer and a fresh bunch of beets!
Tonight, I am on my own for dinner, so I don’t feel bad making just a big salad (not that my fiancé would ever complain about it, he loves them too). Even better is that it gave me a chance to thin out some more of our garden’s lettuce, which is growing like a weed!
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1Tbsp. Orange juice
1 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
1/4 small onion cut into slivers
1. In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients except onions. When thoroughly mixed, add onions and set to the side.
2. Peel the beets and slice into 1/4 inch rounds. Beets will stain your hands and countertops. Gloves and bleach clean up spray are good ideas.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together the beets, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
4. Preheat the girl to medium high heat. Grill beets for 10 minutes per side or until they reach desired doneness.
5. While the beets are cooking, plate the lettuce and drizzle with dressing. Once beets are done, top your mound of lettuce with them and add walnuts and optional goat cheese.