Broccoli rabe is a favorite of ours. While I love getting creative with new recipes, broccoli rabe isn’t one that I play around with! Lots of garlic and the heat of red pepper flakes is in my opinion the only way to go. Top it with grilled sausage of your choice, and you have a simple, delicious, and paleo meal!
Alternate serving options include stirring in pasta (yum, I miss the days of pasta!) or doubling up the broccoli rabe to two bunches if you are extra hungry (it does cook down quite a bit).
1 big bunch broccoli rabe – washed and chopped
1 package sausage of your choice – I use either turkey or chicken
3 cloves garlic – cut into slivers
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat grill to medium high heat, and grill sausage until done.
2. While the sausage is grilling, in a large pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat and sauté garlic until fragrant.
3. Add broccoli rabe to pot and cook for 5 minutes while stirring frequently. This will cook the rabe aldente, you may choose to sauté longer if you wish.
4. Stir in red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
5. Plate a large pile of broccoli rabe and then top with sausage.