I started the Advocare 24 Day Challenge again today in preparation for our wedding that is very rapidly approaching. I started this blog because recipes were so hard to find while on the challenge, so expect a lot of postings in the near future.
As I have said before, I am a beet freak. Well, our garden beets are ready! This will be our first time tasting our garden creation! My fiancé and his kids went strawberry picking last weekend, which has led to a surplus of strawberries around here, so why not turn the, into a delicious dressing?
2 chicken breasts
3 medium beets – peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
1 head of lettuce – washed and cut into salad sized pieces
3 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegrette
2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
Salt & pepper
1. Preheat the grill to medium high.
2. In a mixing bowl, stir together beets, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Grill for 20 minutes, turning halfway through.
3. While the beets are cooking, drizzle 1Tbsp. olive oil, 1 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper over the chicken breasts. Grill for about 5 minutes per side until done.
4. While chicken is cooking, blend together the strawberries, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, 1 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender until smooth and set vinaigrette
5. Top a large pile of lettuce with chicken, beets, and walnuts, and drizzle vinaigrette on top.