School’s out for summer! This teacher is probably just as happy as her students to have the extra time on her hands… Not for the same reasons though. I am looking forward to putting the finishing touches on our wedding, getting into better shape (double sessions of bootcamp yesterday followed by a morning WOD today…what?!?), and reporting culinary creations to you!
With the extra time, I can make a fun lunch! Even better? Leftovers are great to reheat on low in the microwave for snacks or other meals during the week! I am craving protein after the extreme workouts over the past 24 hours, so this frittata will do the trick!
1. Preheat the oven to broil.
2. In a 12 inch non stick frying pan, cook the bacon until crispy, remove from pan, and set aside.
3. In the same pan, add 1 tsp. olive oil and heat over medium high heat. Add onions and sauté while stirring occasionally until transparent. Add mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Lower heat to medium and stir in spinach to the hot mixture and allow to wilt – about 2 minutes.
5. While the spinach is wilting, in a large bowl, whisk together eggs with black pepper.
6. Scoop the contents of the pan into the egg bowl and stir together, then pour back into the frying pan.
7. Cook for about 4 minutes over medium high until the egg sets on the bottom.
8. Place the pan in the broiler for 4 minutes until the top begins to brown.
9. Remove from pan and cut big slices to enjoy!