Who doesn’t love food on a stick?! This super simple dinner is quick and easy, plus it won’t heat up the house by using the stove or oven!
A major helpful hint is to soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes before assembly so that they don’t burn while on the grill.
2 dozen raw, deveined, peeled shrimp with tail on
1 bunch asparagus – cut into 2 inch pieces
Juice of 1 lemon
2 cloves garlic – minced
2 Tbsp. white wine
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 tsp. pepper
Pinch of salt
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
2. On bamboo skewers, assemble by alternating asparagus and shrimp. Be sure to not leave exposed wood between shrimp and asparagus as it will burn on the grill.
3. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
4. Preheat grill to medium high heat.
5. Grill for 3 minutes on each side until shrimp are pink.
6. Serve as is or over a bed of rice.