Nothing beats a burger hot off the grill during the summertime! Right now, my diet is not allowing me to eat beef, but buffalo is an incredible substitute. Buffalo (sometimes sold as bison) has less fat than chicken. How is that possible? I think people shy away from it fearing that it will be gamey, but it isn’t. It is pure deliciousness!
The picture probably isn’t the best indicator of the burger because I was so anxious to dig in, I slathered it with vegan cheese and avocado. You can serve it plain, with salsa, paleo mayo, ketchup, or on a good old fashioned bun. This recipe makes two giant burgers, but could daily be split into smaller ones, just decrease the cook time.
1. Preheat grill to medium high heat.
2. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients with your hands. Do not mush together or overwork, it will make the burger too dense.
3. Form 2 large patties out of the meat mixture and add a sprinkle of salt and pepper to each side. Make sure to flatten them out evenly (meatball like burgers take much longer to cook).
4. Grill to desired doneness. About 5 minutes per side for medium rare.
5. Serve with any toppings you please, and enjoy!!