Growing up in an house with a Portuguese mother and and Italian father meant that broccoli rabe was a staple at the dinner table. It can be a strong flavor, but certainly a delicious one! If broccoli rabe isn’t your thing, try substituting spinach!
1. At least an hour before, marinate chicken with 1 clove garlic minced, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a ziplock bag.
2. When ready to cook, preheat grill to medium heat.
3. Wash and chop broccoli rabe. In a large pot, sauté 1 clove of minced garlic in 1 Tbsp. of olive oil until fragrant. Add broccoli rabe, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste. Allow to sauté for about 3 mi uses until wilted.
4. Slice pockets into the chicken breast carefully. Stuff each pocket with broccoli rabe and secure opening with a toothpick.
5. Grill for 10 minutes per side. While chicken is grilling, make a small tomato salad by dicing a ripe tomato and tossing with balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
6. When the chicken is grilled, plate with a pile of tomatoes and enjoy!