I love garage and estate sales! I scored big yesterday with a beautiful Char-Broil Commercial Series grill! The thing is gigantic and getting it home proved to be a much larger (and painful) task than anticipated. Blood, sweat, and tears later (yes, all three), the beast was in my Honda Pilot and we were on our way home.
We got it all set up today, which led to a very important question: now what do we grill?! London broil was on sale at our local supermarket, so it was an easy answer!
Please note the beautiful new grill!!
(and me in my hot pink breast cancer fundraiser outfit, wanna donate???)
1 London broil
1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup reduced sodium teriyaki sauce
1 Tbsp. horse radish
1 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. chopped ginger
3 cloves garlic – minced
1. At least an hour before cooking, whisk together all ingredients except London broil in a bowl. Place London broil in a large ziplock bag and pour marinade over. Refrigerate.
2. When ready to cook, preheat grill to medium heat. Carefully remove the meat from the bag (don’t spill the marinade, you’re going to need it!) and grill for about 8-10 minutes per side until slightly less cooked than desired doneness.
3. While meat is grilling, empty marinade into a small saucepan and reduce by half over medium heat.
4. Remove London broil from grill and cover with foil for 5 minutes before cutting (it will continue to cook a bit).
5. Thinly slice steak and drizzle marinade reduction over.