A childhood favorite of mins was always “teriyaki steak”, which my mom would serve over a bed of rice topped with a delicious onion teriyaki steak sauce. This was my first attempt at making something like she used to make, and it turned out great! Make extra so you have leftovers!
1 London broil
1 large onion – sliced
1 cup teriyaki sauce
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the teriyaki, olive oil, and garlic powder.
2. In a ziplock bag, place the London broil and onions. Pour the teriyaki mixture over, seal, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
3. When ready to cook, preheat the grill to medium heat. Remove only the meat and grill for 8 minutes per side.
4. While the meat is cooking, pour the remaining marinade Nd onions into a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Allow to reduce while the meat cooks.
5. Upon removing the London broil from the grill, cover with foil for at least 3 minutes before slicing to retain juices.
6. Slice London broil thinly and pour marinade reduction over.