What is the point of a Thanksgiving feast without complete decadence? This cheesecake is the ultimate dessert! Yes, I don’t bake. Yes, I am a lucky duck to have married a man who does. I introduce to you, Pumpkin Bourbon Cheesecake! Please enjoy this and all of our other creations that are a part of Teacher. Foodie. Athlete. Does Thanksgiving!
For the crust –
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
5 Tablespoons butter, melted
For the filling –
1 1/2 cups solid pack pumpkin
3 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
Three 8-ounce packages cream cheese
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon bourbon if desired
For the topping –
2 cups sour cream
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon bourbon if desired (or 1t vanilla)
16 pecan halves for garnish
1. Make the crust: Preheat oven to 350 deg. In a bowl combine the cracker crumbs, pecans, and sugars, stir in the butter, and press the mixture into the bottom and 1/2 inch up the side of a buttered 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 7 minutes. Cool the crust to room temp.
2. Make the filling: In a large bowl with an electric mixer cream together the cream cheese and the granulated sugar. Beat in the cream, cornstarch, vanilla, and bourbon. In a separate bowl whisk together the pumpkin, egg, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt, and brown sugar. Add pumpkin mixture to cream cheese mixture, and beat the until it is smooth.
3. Pour the filling into the crust, bake the cheesecake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until the center is just set. Cool in the pan on a rack for 5 minutes.
4. Make the topping: In a bowl whisk together the sour cream, the sugar, and the bourbon.
5. Spread the sour cream mixture over the top of the cheesecake. Return to the oven and bake the cheesecake for 5 minutes more. Let the cheesecake cool in the pan on a rack. When at room temperature, cover and refrigerate overnight.
6. When ready to serve, remove the side of the pan and garnish the top of the cheesecake with the pecans.