Even though your turkey will be so deliciously moist after following this recipe, gravy is the cherry on your thanksgiving sundae! This recipe is my mother’s and it is perfect! Make it the day before and then reheat and combine with turkey drippings on Thanksgiving Day! Please enjoy all of my Turkey Day recipes as a part of my Teacher. Foodie. Athlete. Does Thanksgiving!
Turkey giblets, neck, gizzard, and whatever else is in that packet they put in the bird
1 large onion – chopped
2 stalks celery – chopped
6 cups water
2(ish) Tbsp. flour
1. In a large sauce pan, bring water to a boil and add salt, onion, celery, and turkey “parts”. Boil until it reduces to half.
2. Remove turkey parts. Mince all meat and remove bones/cartilage. Return meat to gravy and set aside until roast turkey is done.
3. After removing turkey from oven, remove turkey from roasting pan and set aside to rest. Pour gravy directly into pan with turkey drippings.
4. In a small bowl whisk together flour and a full ladle of gravy. Add back to pan.
5. Put turkey pan directly on your stovetop and heat over medium high heat (use 2 burners if big enough). Whisk gravy until it thickens. Serve it piping hot!