We love bananas in our house and when they are on sale we stock up. Looking at our shopping cart, you would think we were a family of monkeys! When we accidentally buy more than we can eat, there is no problem making sure they don’t go to waste! Most get frozen for smoothies, but when our latest batch turned brown I decided to try turning them into some scrumptious muffins! If yours are not over ripe, you may wish to add some honey to sweeten it up.
4 over ripe bananas – mashed
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup coconut spread
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup almond flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat overnight to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix together bananas, eggs, almond butter, coconut spread, and vanilla using a hand mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together almond flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Slowly stir in dry ingredients to the wet ingredient bowl. Mix for one minute, then fold in chopped walnuts.
4. Fill paper lined muffin pans 2/3 of the way. This should yield 18 muffins.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.