When raspberries are on sale, they call to me. Those beautiful plump berries are just waiting to dive into vanilla yogurt… Hmm, that’s not going to work on a paleo diet! I’m never quite sure what to do with fresh raspberries, but on this chilly morning I decided to give baking with them a whirl. The result? Mmmmmmmmuffins!
(Makes 12 muffins)
3 eggs – beaten
2 cups mashed bananas
1 Tbs. honey
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
3 cups almond meal
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt
1 c. raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with paper cups.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together eggs, bananas, honey, and vanilla.
3. In a large bowl, mix almond meal, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Slowly incorporate wet ingredients.
4. Fold in raspberries and pour into muffin cups.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes until tops brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Enjoy hot with a big mug of coffee or freeze for a delicious breakfast on a hectic morning (defrost each muffin for 45 seconds in the microwave)!