It’s amazing how much the weather dictates my cooking! Today it is rainy and chilly out, so Lyra and I don’t plan on leaving the house (or jammies for that matter) all day!
My hubby roasted some pumpkins this weekend while they are in season. It freezes great, so we keep it in portioned baggies in the freezer for whenever we need a pumpkin fix! It’s great in muffins, smoothies, and these cookies! Don’t have the time to prepare your own pumpkin? No problem! Canned pumpkin works just fine, but make sure you don’t use the seasoned variety.
Makes 12 cookies –
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup pumpkin purée
1/4 cup honey
2 Tbsp. coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
Pinch ground cloves
1/2 cup craisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, sift together almond flour, baking powder, spices, and salt.
3. With an electric mixer in a medium bowl, beat together pumpkin, honey, egg, and coconut oil until smooth.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredient bowl and stir until incorporated. Fold in craisins.
5. Spoon 2 inch dollops onto parchment lined cookie sheet and bake 17-20 minutes until they begin to brown.
6. Allow to cool completely before removing from cookie sheet.