It’s been so cloudy and damp that today called for a warm meal for the tummy. Being that we are socially isolating and there is an apparent hoarding issue with chicken, my fridge is only stocked with ground meat at the moment. I grabbed out some ground pork and got to work on this super satisfying meal!
1 pound ground protein (I used pork, but chicken, turkey, or beef would do)
1 medium onion – diced
3 cloves garlic – minced
28 oz. canned pumpkin
28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 head of cauliflower – trimmed and riced (I just chop the florets finely)
1 sweet potato – diced
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. tumeric
1/4 tsp. cumin
2 (ish) cups beef broth
2 swirls of EVOO
- Heat a large skillet over high heat and swirl some EVOO. Add pork and brown the pork until it crumbles.
- While the pork browns, heat one swirl of EVOO over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until fragrant.
- To the pot, add pumpkin, tomato, and spices
- Stir in cauliflower, sweet potato and browned pork.
- Add enough beef broth so that all of the ingredients are just submerged in liquid (approximately 2 cups).
- Once it begins to bubble, reduce to low heat and allow to simmer for 2 hours.
- Serve topped with sliced avocado or jalapeno if you please (my family slathers completely non-paleo compliant cheese and sour cream on it).