My entire house smells so good that I want to eat it.
Two hours after creating this dish, it still smells incredible. It makes me a bit bummed that the hubby and I ate it all down to the last drop of delicious molho (that’s Portuguese for scrumptious sauce).
I enjoyed this meal as is, while the hubby dipped some Portuguese bread into the molho. I know for sure that this would have possibly been the best meal ever if it was served over pasta…. Grrrr paleo! Good news is that I thoroughly enjoyed it, had no guilt, and enjoyed feeling satisfied instead of stuffed afterwards.
When shopping for little neck clams, the smaller the better. Our supermarket had fabulous looking little guys on sale this week, so I couldn’t resist. Actually, who am I kidding? I will probably hit them up again later this week and make the same exact thing again!
I am running out of ways to use the bazillions (ok, maybe not that many) of tomatoes that our garden is producing! If you have any suggestions for me, please comment!
Tonight, I was craving clams. You all know that I love the spiced up dishes, so spiced up clams with tomatoes leads to one awesome possibility…Fra Diavolo sauce!
2 dozen little neck clams
2 Tbsp. olive oil
4 cloves garlic – minced
1 large onion cut into slivers
1/4 cup wine (red, white, or rose….whatever is open!)
5 plum tomatoes – diced
3 Serrano peppers – finely chopped (leave the seeds in for spicier sauce!)
1/2 cup chopped basil
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
Salt to taste
1. In a big pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onions, peppers, and garlic and cook for several minutes until fragrant.
2. Add wine and stir to deglaze the pot. Bring to a boil.
3. Add tomatoes and red pepper flakes, stir, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Add clams and basil, stir and cover. Cook until all clams are opened while stirring occasionally.
5. Serve immediately. Over zucchini noodles would be awesome!