So simple, so scrumptious! Nothing quite like a perfectly ripe mango, and combining it with the flavor of coconut milk makes it even better!! This is the perfect summer side dish for fresh fish or a grilled meal!
I was in a veggie rut. It seems like every time i am standing in the produce aisle, it is the same boring options. I took a closer look at the green leafy section and I stumbled across Napa cabbage. Hmmm, something new! I had no clue what to do with it, so I decided to attempt to grill it since I already had the grill going. It turned out delicious!!
How have I not seen this at my supermarket before?! So easy! So quick! So delicious!
To get this same delicious blend, you would have to buy entire heads of each veggie, and with my luck, it would all go bad before I could use it. This product has done the mixing for you! Don’t worry that you are going to have too much. It really cooks down!
I love leeks in quiche or soup, not there is no better way to bring out their flavor than roasting them! This recipe is so simple and the leeks do all the work for you as they release their flavorful goodness!
Nothing really lives up to a bowl of potato chips, but this sure comes close! With the right balance of flavors, this recipe is incredibly delicious and guilt free!!
Try saying that five times fast! This is a super quick and easy side dish that is bursting with flavor!
1. Steam cauliflower until mushy.
2. Combine all ingredients in a food processor, and blend until smooth. This will take at least 3 minutes, be patient!
There comes a time in life when it is time to stop mooching off your family and pull some of the entertaining weight. Last year was my first formal thanksgiving feast, and it went off without a hitch! I’m hoping for the same results this year! My mentality is that the traditional dishes are what everyone dreams of from their Thanksgiving dinner, so that’s what I do…with my own twist of course! I hope this turns into a complete guide for how you can do the same!
Even though your turkey will be so deliciously moist after following this recipe, gravy is the cherry on your thanksgiving sundae! This recipe is my mother’s and it is perfect! Make it the day before and then reheat and combine with turkey drippings on Thanksgiving Day! Please enjoy all of my Turkey Day recipes as a part of my Teacher. Foodie. Athlete. Does Thanksgiving!
Turkey giblets, neck, gizzard, and whatever else is in that packet they put in the bird
1 large onion – chopped
2 stalks celery – chopped
6 cups water
2(ish) Tbsp. flour
1. In a large sauce pan, bring water to a boil and add salt, onion, celery, and turkey “parts”. Boil until it reduces to half.
2. Remove turkey parts. Mince all meat and remove bones/cartilage. Return meat to gravy and set aside until roast turkey is done.
3. After removing turkey from oven, remove turkey from roasting pan and set aside to rest. Pour gravy directly into pan with turkey drippings.
4. In a small bowl whisk together flour and a full ladle of gravy. Add back to pan.
5. Put turkey pan directly on your stovetop and heat over medium high heat (use 2 burners if big enough). Whisk gravy until it thickens. Serve it piping hot!
Every family has one. The person that needs the canned cranberry sauce, even after you put in all that hard work and love preparing Homemade Cranberry Relish!
I invite you to check out the dishes I actually made for Teacher. Foodie. Athlete. Does Thanksgiving
1 can store bought cranberry sauce
1. Open can.
2. Jiggle and convulse to remove said gelatinous log from can.
3. Serve on a plate. Cut a few precut slices to entice your guests.
I like to overdo things, so for Teacher. Foodie. Athlete. Does Thanksgiving instead of just doing one veggie I am doing two. It’s always nice to give your guests options. This is so quick and easy that you can throw it all together in the pan early in the day, and then just cook it in the last 10 minutes before dinner time! I will cook while you carve the turkey!
3 bunches asparagus – bases removed
3 Tbsp. olive oil
3 cloves garlic – minced
Juice of 2 lemons
Salt and pepper
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
2. Add asparagus, garlic, and salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
3. Pour lemon juice over asparagus, toss, and serve.